Health, Safety & Environment policy
We, at BRC ARABIA (LLC), aim to prevent ill health, injury and minimise the impact on the environment, and are committed to doing our best in the following Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Policy:
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT POLICY STATEMENT
The Management and Staff of the BRC Arabia recognise their responsibility for sustainable development and are committed to protect the occupational health and safety of all those associated with their business activities and to minimise the adverse impacts on the environment.
TO ACCOMPLISH THIS, WE SHALL:
- Establish, implement and maintain an effective HSE Management System and continually improve its performance.
- Identify HSE hazards, assess risks and take steps to prevent injury, ill health, pollution and waste by providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions.
- Support and cooperate with our customers, business partners and government agencies in their HSE programs and comply with the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Set and periodically review HSE objectives commensurate with the HSE hazards identified in the activities and locations under our responsibility.
- Engage, inform, educate and train staff and others, including suppliers, regarding their obligation toward minimising HSE risks and improving HSE performance.
The Head of each Department of the Company will have the overall responsibility to ensure effective implementation of the HSE management system by providing adequate resources, setting and reviewing objectives for the continual improvement in HSE performance and cooperating with all stakeholders.
The HSE Policy shall be appropriately communicated and made available to all staff and interested parties to make them aware of their individual obligations.
Aiming to promote the safety of personnel, customers and the community, the Top Management accepts that it is their responsibility to ensure a healthy and safe workplace by providing and maintaining:
a) Safe plant, machinery, equipment and workplace's safe systems of work.
b) Facilities for the monitoring and control of environmental factors in the workplace.
c) Proper training and supervision.
d) Implementation of the following instructions/processes:
- Emergency Preparedness Plan - to ensure that damage, exposure or injury is limited and managed in the correct manner.
- Evacuation Instruction – to ensure BRC personnel are systematically evacuated to prevent injury or danger to their health and safety in case of Fire, Bomb Threat, and Earthquake or during any emergency situations.
- Waste Management - to ensure that waste generated by the organisation is handled and correctly disposed of when the containers are full to eliminate pollution and reduce the risk of exposure to dangerous/toxic substances.
Each employee has the responsibility to:
a) Perform duties ensuring his own health and safety at work and that of fellow workers.
b) Follow all HSE practices, processes and instructions.
c) Fulfil his HSE responsibilities in cooperation with the management.